Terms & Conditions | Academy
The following general terms and conditions apply to all public training courses offered by ACROSS & AHEAD Advisory GmbH (to be referred to as “ACROSS & AHEAD“ in the following).
Other terms, including supplier terms of contracting parties, are not applicable. The courses are aimed at both businesses and consumers.
- Registrations must be submitted in text form (e.g., by web form or email) and are binding.
- Registrations will be considered in the order of receipt. The number of course participants is limited.
- Upon receipt of a course registration, ACROSS & AHEAD will confirm the registration by email (given that seats are available). This is when both parties enter into an agreement. Without this registration confirmation one cannot claim the right to attend the course.
- When registering for a course using the registration form on this website, the email sent upon submission of the form is to acknowledge that the registration has been received but not yet to confirm the registration as defined above.
- Course fees are due for payment in advance to the course or 30 days after receipt of the invoice, respectively. Fees are to be paid by transfer to the account given in the invoice. Payment by credit card, check, or any other means is not possible.
- All fees are in Euro and per person, plus value-added tax.
- The scope of services is defined by the description of the training course. Course fees include the course material as well as catering (i.e., refreshments and lunch) during an in-person event.
- Travel and accommodation costs are not included in the course fees.
- The course material made available to course participants are the intellectual property of ACROSS & AHEAD and are as such protected by copyright.
- Without the written permission of ACROSS & AHEAD, the course material (or any parts thereof) shall not be reproduced, copied, distributed, or otherwise made publicly accessible.
- Taking photographs or making video / audio recordings during courses is generally prohibited. An exception from this are outcomes of group exercises, which participants may photograph for their records.
5. Right of Withdrawal for Consumers
- A consumer has the right to withdraw from the registration for a course and the associated agreement about course participation within 14 days without giving reasons. The withdrawal period is 14 days from the day on which ACROSS & AHEAD confirms the course registration (i.e., the day on which an agreement comes into effect). To exercise the right of withdrawal, it is required to notify ACROSS & AHEAD about the decision to withdraw from the agreement by means of an unequivocal statement (e.g., a letter sent by post or an email). To meet the withdrawal deadline, it shall suffice to submit the notification about the exercise of the right of withdrawal before expiry of the withdrawal period.
- In case of a withdrawal, ACROSS & AHEAD shall, without undue delay and at the latest within 14 days from the day on which the notification about the exercise of the right of withdrawal has been received, reimburse any payments already received. The reimbursement shall be carried out based the same means of payment as used for the original transaction, unless explicitly agreed otherwise. In no event shall any fees be charged for this reimbursement. Should the course begin during the withdrawal period, the consumer will, in case of a withdrawal, be required to pay ACROSS & AHEAD an amount that is in proportion to what has been provided before the consumer exercised the right of withdrawal, in comparison with the full scope of services provided under the agreement.
- Cancellations are possible free of charge until 14 days before the beginning of a course. Thereafter, the course fees become due in full and will not be reimbursed, also in case of a no-show or only temporary participation of a registered attendee. Substitute attendees from the same organization are accepted. Changes or cancellations must be done in text form. The right of withdrawal for consumers remains unaffected.
- ACROSS & AHEAD itself reserves the right to cancel a course until 14 days prior to its start date in case of an insufficient number of registrations (i.e., the minimum number of participants required for the delivery of a specific course has not been reached). A course may also be cancelled on short notice for organizational reasons (e.g., venue failure) or due to illness of the course instructor. Course fees already paid will be reimbursed in this case. Further claims (as to, e.g., the reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs or of costs that accrue from loss of working hours) will not apply.
- Pursuant to the statutory provisions, ACROSS & AHEAD shall be liable without limitation for damages (i) in the event of willful intent or gross negligence, (ii) in case of culpable injury to life, limb, or health, (iii) in accordance with the product liability law, and (iv) for the assumption of a guarantee.
- In addition, ACROSS & AHEAD shall be liable for typical and foreseeable damages in the event of slight negligence (by either ACROSS & AHEAD itself or one of its legal representatives or vicarious agents) in relation to essential duties, the fulfillment of which enables the agreement’s proper execution in the first place and the other party may thus rely upon.
8. Other Terms
- If any one or more of the provisions contained herein shall for any reason be held invalid or unenforceable, this shall not in any way invalidate or affect any other provision.
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively. The exclusive place of jurisdiction for any disputes shall be Cologne, provided that the involved parties are businesses.